You are here:

Home > Tax Refund > Form E 301/U1
Wednesday, 01 April 2015

Form E 301 / U1

As of 1 May 2010 form E 301 was replaced by a new form, the so-called U1. During the transition period E forms continue to be acceptable.

Form E 301, or form U1, is the confirmation of the periods which should be considered for acknowledgement of unemployment benefits. Form E301/U1 is prepared by the office of the state in which you worked.

What are forms E 301 or U1 used for?

If you did not obtain the minimally determined length of unemployment insurance which is a legal condition for acknowledgement of the unemployment benefit, the work office shall bear in mind periods of unemployment insurance (that is, employment), obtained in another state of the European Union. A claim for the unemployment benefit in Slovakia arises if during the last three years prior to being included in the record of claimants for employment, you had unemployment insurance (that is, you were employed) for at least two years.

For example: During the past three years you were employed in Slovakia for 12 months. So long as you were insured (employed) in an EU member state for an additional 12 months, Social Insurance shall, on the basis of form U1, acknowledge the period of insurance abroad. The aggregate period of insurance is thus two years. If you are in the record of applicants for employment, you have a claim to an unemployment benefit. The amount of the unemployment benefit is 50% of the daily measuring basis.

How to request form U1?

You may get form U1 in a number of ways:

  1. Use the services of TJ-Legal. All you have to do is register and we will quickly send you via post or e-mail the instructions along with the documents for obtaining form U1. We will obtain form U1 for you after receipt of your signed documents. You will receive form U1 by post at your address. The standard time period for obtaining form U1 is from two to four months. For requesting preparation of form U1 it is advantageous to submit copies of forms P45/P60 or payment slips.
  2. You may request in writing the preparation of form U1 directly with the relevant office abroad.
  3. You may ask an employee at the Social Insurance office about a request for form U1 from an office abroad.